Negotiations and conflict resolution are interwoven into every project we work on, and more accurately, is also a part of nearly every conversation we have throughout our days. Even with this central role of negotiations in our day to day lives, many people have never received any formal training on the topic, which hinders their ability to negotiate effectively, defuse tensions, and more importantly, get what they really want.
- Review negotiation theory basics and styles
- Identify negotiation tactics and behaviors
- Learn how to decide when to negotiate and when to walk away
- Understand and identify power and leverage in negotiations
- Put the information into action through a simulated and supported negotiation
- 5:30PM – 6:00PM: Food and drinks, informal networking
- 6:00PM – 6:30PM: Introduction and negotiation theory overview
- 6:30PM – 7:30PM: Seminar and discussion
- 7:30PM – 8:00PM: Negotiation simulation practice
- 8:00PM – 8:30PM: Discussion and wrap up
- Vancouver Public Library, Kitsilano Branch (Kitsilano Meeting Room)
2425 MacDonald Street, Vancouver BC V6K 3Y9
Date and Time:
- January 10, 2019, 5:30PM – 8:30PM
- $10 CSCE Members and Students
- $20 Non-Members
(Maximum event capacity: 20 people)
(Pizza and soft drinks are included in the event fee.)
Register now to reserve your spot, as seating space is limited!
Contact Luis Valenzuela at email@example.com for more details on this event!