Negotiations and conflict resolution are interwoven throughout most of our daily lives. Professionally they become part of almost every project and particularly for those with management responsibilities. Even though negotiations hold a central role in our day to day lives, many people have never received any formal training on the topic. This hinders their ability to negotiate effectively, defuse tensions, and more importantly, get what they really want.
- Overview of negotiation theory basics and styles
- Identify negotiation tactics and behaviors
- Learn how to decide when to negotiate and when to walk away
- Understand and identify power and leverage in negotiations
- Put the information into action through a simulated and supported negotiation
- 5:55 PM: Meeting room opens
- 6:00 – 6:45 PM: Introduction and negotiation theory overview
- 6:45 – 7:30 PM: Seminar and discussion
- 7:30 – 7:45 PM: 15 minute break to review simulation
- 7:45 – 8:15 PM: Negotiation simulation practice
- 8:15 – 8:30 PM: Discussion and wrap up
- The event will be hosted online on ZOOM and can be accessed using the desktop application or through your web browser (no download required).
- The ZOOM conference link will be provided to all registrants closer to the event date.
- In order to facilitate discussion, attendance will be limited to 20 participants.
- Breakout rooms will be utilized for discussion and simulations.
- Participants will be requested to turn on their cameras to improve interactive communication.
- No previous training in negotiations required. Non-CSCE members and students are welcome.
Click here to register now!
(or paste this link into your browser: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/workshop-introduction-to-negotiations-tickets-138383287137)